Community College | ECHO | Student Parliament
Roles and Responsibilities
Organization advisors, in partnership with the Student Leadership Center, support student learning and engagement in the following ways:
- Structure opportunities for students to practice leadership skills, including meeting facilitation, activity planning, and time management.
- Model intercultural communication skills and community-building strategies.
- Discuss academic progress and inform students about support resources: learning centers, study groups, tutoring, and financial aid.
- Introduce students to campus staff and services.
- Lend assistance at and attend meetings and functions of the club/organization.
- Access room reservation and media request systems to assist with reservations.
- Act on behalf of the College to protect the safety and well-being of student participants.
- Help students understand and comply with College policies, procedures, and applicable laws and regulations.
Organization Advisor Pay
An organization's advisor must be a non-student employee of the College. An organization advisor's pay is determined by the faculty contract. Stipend payments are processed by the respective instructional offices to which the programs are tied. Consult with your instructional dean or the office of the Vice President for Academic Affairs.
Quarterly Report Deadlines
In order to be compensated, club advisors must submit quarterly reports to the Student Leadership Center. Advisors will receive e-mails announcing the following deadlines:
Quarterly Report Due Dates
Stipend Payment Dates