Scholarship / Leadership / Service /
These are the Four Hallmarks of Phi Theta Kappa and the purpose of Phi Theta Kappa is to recognize academic excellence, provide opportunities to develop leadership skills and service to the school and community.
Membership requirements are based on academic achievement (3.5 for Active membership). See the Pi Iota Chapter Constitution for specific Membership Requirements.
Steps to join Phi Theta Kappa: 2011-2012
Phi Theta Kappa ΦΘΚ
International Honor Society
Pi Iota Chapter Π Ι
Shoreline Community College
1) To be eligible for Phi Theta Kappa you must have earned 12 credits at Shoreline Community College and have a cumulative GPA of 3.5. Pick up both applications on the wall across from room 5343 in the FOSS building. Fill out the two application forms. One is for the international organization and the other for our local Pi Iota Chapter.
2) Attach a copy of your current transcripts to your completed application forms. Transcripts may be unofficial copies.
3) Include a $65 check payable to Shoreline Community College. This covers both the International membership fee ($55) and the local Pi Iota chapter fee ($10). In the note section of the check write your student number/PTK.
4) Put your membership application forms, transcript, and check in a large manila envelope (there are envelopes located outside room 5343 for your use). Seal and address the envelope to: Terry Taylor/PTK advisor, and then place the envelope in his mailbox (located in the mailroom on the 3rd floor of the FOSS building) or drop it off at the Social Sciences division office (5329).
DO NOT LEAVE COMPLETED APPLICATIONS IN THE HALLWAY RACK.
5) Your membership will be processed as soon as possible. You should receive a confirmation and certificate from the International Organization once your membership is completed. This process often takes several weeks.
6) The advisor for the 2011/2012 school year is Prof. Terry Taylor. You can email him at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (206) 546-4589. Information is located on the wall across the hall from his office: 5343 in the FOSS Building.
7) The deadline for applying this academic year is May 14, 2012. New members may join anytime once school begins in September 2011 until May 14, 2012.
Application scholarships vary and are based on chapter funding at the time of application.
© Copyright 2008 by Phi Theta Kappa, Inc. All Rights Reserved. The name, logo and various titles have been registered with the U.S. Patent Office.